Sunday, August 3, 2008

My Favorite Things

I am in to Buddha lately. I found this piece at Target and had to have it. The piece has a spot for a candle but I made it into a little altar. I have an evil eye from Greece around the neck with a mystic bell. I have a dragonfly pin, seashell and a clear marble. This piece is in my living room and it always gives me a peaceful feeling.


This is my other Buddha. This one has a lotus flower that lights up at night. I have it sitting in a glass bowl surrounded by seashells. I am crazy for the ocean and I am crazy for seashells. Many of the shells I found on my beach walks and many I have purchased. I guess you could say I have a mismatch of Buddha and Angels. I just want my home to always feel calm. I love being home so it must be working.


I had this wedding cake topper custom made over 26 years ago. I combined all these elements and ended up with this amazing topper. It proudly sat on top of my cake. The McKenzie Childs cake plate is beautiful. I love this piece. I have one in blue as well. I bought it and a month later they doubled in price.




I found this old bust in an old clothing store going out of business. It was natural wicker and it took several coats to cover. I bought it for $1.00. I then had to add all kinds of ribbon work to it. I have it hanging in my bedroom.







And my #1 favorite thing? That would be my one and only daughter. When she little, her and I would go every year to our local mall and get all glammed up for one of those dorky glamor shots. It was a blast sitting in the makeup chair getting your face spackled and your hair poofed up to the size of a small planet. (Check out those horrendous earrings we had on.) It was quality girl time. My daughter would then proceed to tell the girl what color backgrounds to use and how we should be posed. She was eight years old at the time. But she was right and the photos looked better. It must have been a precursor because she takes amazing photos.


The candy jar was a Christmas gift from my daughter. She found it in a local flea market. I just love that candy jar. First of all it is very unique and she did a great job finding it. (Again a great eye at a young age.) Second it was something she found and bought herself. Now a grown woman, she lives in New Orleans. When we went to her Law School graduation in May she gave me that wonderful Mardi Gras mask. It is beautiful but yet again something she picked out and knew I would love.


My #2 favorite thing you ask? That would have to be my mouthy little replacement child named Ginger. My daughter thinks I like the dog better than her. Actually the two of them are pretty much alike. Both bossy, opinionated and always right.

No comments: