Sunday, August 3, 2008

Beginnings of Art Journaling

Work in progress. Deciding what colors I want to use for the second butterfly. I need to add some glitter and seed beeds and experiment. I have not cut out around the butterfly's.
This came out really colorful. When you hold these up to the light they are very vibrant. I used multiple shades of pinks and purples for the flowers. This has been cutout already.
More individual colorful butterfly's already cut out.


Well I love gallery glass but I am completely running out of windows in my home. I hated to just let these paints sit and eventually go bad. Some already had to be thrown out. Paint just doesn't last forever. I found an old butterfly coloring book I had bought for my daughter at Caloway Gardens many years ago. I decided to make transparencies from some of the designs in the book. The nice thing about that is I don't have to start from scratch and lead any lines. All you have to do is pick colors and go for it. After the transparencies dried, I then cut around the designs. You really cant appreciate the colors in the photos. In person they just sparkle and are so beautiful and vibrant. I think it makes a relaxing and enjoyable nighttime activity as I sit and listen to TV. I have never been one to be able to just sit and watch TV anyway. When finished I let the paints dry overnight and cut out the following day. I have additional transparencies I plan to add as well. Dragonfly's, bumble bees, flowers and whatever else I can figure out. I happen to be using gallery glass paint but I am sure I will also be using my acrylic paints once I am out of gallery glass. I need to start adding seed beads and glitter to the transparencies as well.

I have to come up with other solutions for my visual art journaling. I have NO drawing abilities what so ever. All of you who are blessed with Artistic Creativity I am so envious. I happen to be blessed with FLAW-TISTIC Creativity. Layering collage work is going to have to work for me.

1 comment:

artbrat said...

I followed your link from Violette's board and have had a very nice time reading your posts. You have had a very creative in so many forms! A tea shop...I think that's so cool. Anyways, thanks for sharing such nice pictures and stories.