Monday, March 28, 2011

Admitting my Goblin

Clutter is my Goblin


I have been a bit sporadic the last couple of weeks. All over the place with managing my time. I just will have to admit the fact I have not had much time to create new digital pages. Every day I give myself a de-clutter job when I get home from work.  So I have been outside cleaning up the yard or going through my garage. I don't know about other people, but my garage is the dumping land of guilty purchases. I heard this rumor that the garage used to be a place to put your car! HAHA!! For me, it is a vast land of boxes. Inside these boxes are the "I dont have time to deal with that now crap". Getting ready for a garage sale, getting items ready for listing on Ebay and Etsy and throwing loads of crap out is exhausting! Oh did I mention I am also getting ready to sell my house? One major reason for the de-clutter my life project.  But back to my stuff. Does this stuff multiply like mold on bread or what? How does one acumulate so much stuff? That I can answer for my life. I buy some crafty project thinking I am going to go right home and create a masterpiece. I get home from this hard day of shopping and sit this future masterpiece down to do later. Only later never comes and it never gets done. Then I feel guilty about it and go buy a nice plastic storage container to hide it in so as not to look at my now guilt ridden shopping spree. I then find myself back at the craft store like a moth to the flame buying more stuff for another project thinking maybe just maybe I will complete that project. Which I don't. And when that storage container gets filled up I go buy another container and eventually it all ends up in my garage for a future garage sale. Eventually this project ends up in someone else's cycle of "Oh I will buy that and finish it" which they don't. But at least now it is sitting in their guilt ridden piles not mine.

This digital card was inspired by Colette Baron Reid's latest book "The Map". Reading this book gave me the idea to do corresponding digital cards. Colette is big on The Goblin but I am not sure if this is how she mean't it. This is strictly my interpretation as are all the other cards I plan to share this week from The Map.

No comments: