Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Inner Imagery

Inner Imagery

I love mermaids. When I was little I would pretend to be a mermaid as  I swam in my neighbors pool. For hours I would sit on the pool step pretending to have a big fancy tail. This of course was a long time ago. Long before mermaids were as popular as they are today.
I guess I was one of the lucky ones that could play for hours on imagination alone. No video games or texting or ever saying "I'm Bored". I don't remember ever being bored as a kid. I would ride my bike around the neighborhood for hours or rollar skate pretending to be in the derby. Now adays you rarely see children out playing. Were did all the children go? Are they all in their air conditioned houses sitting on the couch playing or watching videos? My personal observation is kids don't seem to be as happy. If they are, they hide it pretty well behind the hair over their eyes and the chronic frown they like to wear so well. I hope their chronic frowns are not a chronic condition of our future grownups. I don't know how our future children will grow up, but I am glad I had the chance to play outside and pretend I was a mermaid.

No comments: