Sunday, August 10, 2008

Floral Gallery Glass Transpariences

Unfortunately the camera does not pick up the vibrancy and color glow of these transparencies. The most fun about doing them is choosing your colors. I have a limited amount of gallery glass bottles so I try to mix and match colors for more variety. I enjoy sitting and painting them in at night while watching TV. I let them dry overnight and then cut out the image the next night. Amazing enough the gallery glass bottles go a long way. This butterfly is loaded will all kinds of colors and some glitter. I went a little crazy with the one Hydrangea and used several colors of blues in the top Hydrangea. In person I think this is my favorite. This picture came from a coloring book. The rest of the floral copies came from a 20 year old clip art book I have. I have used this clip art book for many years for many different projects.


This lily I colored in is actually a champagne color with a golden sparkle color.

I colored in this orchid in lime green ( I love lime green lately) and the other orchid in berry colors. The gallery glass gives them a lot of dimension in person.



These Rubrum Lily's are done in berry shades and pinks.

Unfortunately again you cant tell but there is seed beads layered in these two orchids. One is celedon green and the other yellow. I enjoy doing odd colors combinations.


A close up of the orchids.



These Phalanopsis Orchids are being shown as one cut out and one not. The pink has already been cut out. The grey/light blue orchids are not showing well as far as color goes. I thought it would be fun to do in one in a color you will never see in nature.


A close up of the pink.


The blue purple Iris is showing a bit dark. It is actually very nice to the eye.There are several shades of purples and blues for shading. I think the yellow is my favorite though. The shadings came out fairly well. I used two different colors of yellow and brown.

Even with all these transparencies I have a lot of paints left. So no doubt I will be finding more clip art to copy and paint.

No comments: