Saturday, July 12, 2008

Love in Bloom Flowers (my floral business)



Dendrobium Bridal Bouquet




Stargazers, Orchids and Stephanotis Bridal Bouquet






Cake Base Flowers on a Hanson Cake



I fell in love with flowers after my wedding. I decided to go to Floral Design School and then got a job at a little Flower Shop. I always had in mind to go out on my own and specialize in weddings. I bought a large cooler and put it in my garage and started doing Bridal Shows. I had a full time job as well so I had to be very organized when I had a wedding. I could have between 1 to 3 weddings per weekend. Yes while working full time!


I would get up at 3:00 AM on Wednesday morning, drive 40 miles to downtown LA and buy my flowers and supplies for the wedding. Get home, re-cut all the stems and put them away in there pre-washed and filled buckets. In the cooler and then get ready for work. Work all day, come home and start the centerpieces. I would usually have the centerpiece foam and containers ready and start greening. I would come home on Thursday and Friday and repeat. The last flowers would be the corsages, and bridal bouquet. I loved saving the best for last. I would load up on Sat. and deliver. I would have the runner, pew bows and church centerpieces. Get the bouquets in and then run off to the reception to set up.


My weeks were always busy because if I wasn't doing flowers I had consultations with mothers and brides. Those could easily take up to two hours in an evening.



No comments: