Friday, July 4, 2008

I adopted a Goofball

The second day we had Tux home, I happened to look out my large sliding door to see my then husband (who was not a horse person) thinking he was training Tux to walk by his side with no lead rope or halter. I kind of chuckle and roll my eyes and think that is not such a good idea but hey what do I care. They are in the back yard close to the house and the shirtless husband was blabbering on with Tux walking by his side. I then see Tux reach around a bite him square in the back!! At this point Tux curls his tail up over his back and takes off knowing he is in a boatload of trouble.

My husband chasing and cursing him all the way down to the end of the property. Well at the end of the lot was a sidewalk that ran across the width in front of the future horse stalls. When Tux reached the sidewalk he realized there was no more room to run and sharply turns to try and turn around. But with those lightweight slippery horseshoes all four legs fly out from underneath him and he slams into the cement. With all the momentum he continued to slide full force on his side all the way to the chain link fence where he finally runs into it and stops.

I am freaking out thinking the horse is dead, broke a leg you name it. At this point the husband catches up to Tux and the horse is just lying there not moving. He walks up to Tux sticks his foot squarely on this neck close to his head, bends over and gets right in Tux's face and yells " And don't you ever do that again!!" He removes his foot, turns around and walks off. I am still running for the horse to make sure he hadn't broken a leg. About that time Tux gets up, shakes off and walks away. I turn back to see my husband with the huge bite in his back walking towards the house still cursing I turn back look the horse over, not a scratch on him.

You know that horse never bit anyone again.

No comments: