Saturday, June 21, 2008

Honey Bees Update






The Hive is right behind the blue gazing ball. You can see the white box. They seem to be doing fine but will be moved to the country in the next few days.

There is a whole crazy story about why this is so special to me. For the past couple of months I had been telling everyone about the disappearing honey bees. Anyone who will listen. If you notice in my blog title the photo is a bee hovering over flowers taken in France by my daughter last year. Love this photo so much I had to have it in the title. I also had to have a little cartoon bee in my blog title as well. A couple of weeks ago I got on Ebay and purchased 3 vintage bee jewelry findings and a beautiful crystal bee pin by Joan Rivers. Two days before the bees came I had torn out an article regarding the disappearing bees in a local magazine and found out PBS was doing a special on the bees Fathers Day eve. Had that saved in recording mode. Sunday morning the bees arrive! Of all the trees and yards they could have picked, they picked my parents. The place that just so happened to have a bee suit and a hive just laying around. One house over and more than likely these little creatures would have been sprayed with poison and killed. I just had to share. I find it all so fasinating.

Now I will say, they did pick the prettest yard around to make a home. My mom's yard is beautiful. The hydrangeas this year are amazing. I think it is from all the rain but I will say she has the best hydrangea bushes around from what I have seen in other people's yards.


No comments: