Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Book of Shadows & Sherlock Holmes New Movie


I splurged on a movie Christmas Day. I saw Sherlock Holmes- A Game of Shadows. I won't say it was the best movie I have ever seen but certainly not the worst. These two ravens rather remind me of Sherlock and Watson in this non stop adventure movie. I enjoyed the scene with the Gypsy woman (well cast) and the tarot cards especially. The cards were very old and not the modern day cards I usually am so drawn too. That fascinated me because I generally am not that interested in the old decks. But I found these cards to be fantastic. So of course I did a little digging when I got home and found out more about them which made me love them all the more. It was an Oswald Wirth Tarot Deck. Only two original decks known. They used one in the movie. Pretty impressive. I of course ordered a repo of the major arcana and of course will share in a few days. I just got them in the mail yesterday and I have to scan them and crop them. Stay tuned!!

No comments: