Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Time- Who has enough of it?


The biggest phrase I hear repeated everyday by many people "I don't have time" "I ran out of time" "Time flys". The way I understood it years ago, that technology was going to free up time for us. I have not seen this occur have you? If anything it seems we have less of it. Where does it go? (Just like I wondered where fat goes when you lose weight?) Poof right into thin air!

For all our complaints about not having enough time in the day, I personally see people waste it more. We think or believe we are more important when  running around like a chicken with its head cut off. I wonder if it is an avoidance as well. The busier you are the less time to take a look inward and explore our own thoughts and feelings. Eventually little or no time for a real life makes you feel burnt out. Are you spent, exhausted and frustrated?

I actually take time in my day to do things I enjoy. I do however wonder how the days and years seem to go faster and faster as I get older. I never understood this concept when I was young.  My adult life is flying by. My daughter is grown so yes I have more time. I never allowed her schedule to run my life. And you know what? I never felt guilty about it either. And yet she grew up just fine. How about that!

No comments: