Tuesday, January 18, 2011

The Mysteries of Doors

I like doors. I like doors because they add such mystery to me. I want to know what mysteries or lives are behind those doors. If our eyes are the windows to our souls, are doors the portal to the homes soul? Do we judge what is inside by what we see in that door? So like our eyes, if they have no sparkle do those who look at us think we are dead inside? How many times do we look at mass murders in their mug shots and say "He had dead eyes". I have said this many times when I have looked at mug shots of serial killers or terrorists. But I am not sure I judge doors the same way. When I look at a door that may need a little help or sprucing up, I get a bit curious as to what else is inside. As if maybe there is some lost treasure inside that no one has discovered yet. So I guess I give doors more benefit of the doubt then people? So next time I look at someone who has lost the twinkle in their eyes I need to think more about why, and not judge so quickly.








Do you notice at the top of this door it says Costumes. This once much have been an interesting place. Now it reminds me of a place inhabited by lost spirits.

This door brings out the most in my imagination. I imagine the crazy parties that once occured here.




No comments: