Thursday, November 25, 2010

The Feather

I was driving home this week and looked up in the sky to see the most beautiful feather. Yes I said sky because the feather was a cloud. I have never seen anything so beautiful. Of course I had no camera. Oddly enough when I got home I could still see a bit of it left so I ran in the house and grabbed the camera.

It reminded me of my feather story which reminded me of my penny story. So lets start with the penny. On my birthday a couple years ago I walked every morning and decide that morning I wanted to ask for a penny. I walked the town for 45 minutes through the park and downtown area. No penny. Went to lunch that day, no penny. So I promptly forgot about it. Chalked it up to not being a very good at manifesting. I got home that night from work and grabbed a few things from the car and went in the house. I realized I had to get a couple more things from the car and when I went to open the door, on the ground right smack in front of the car door was my penny. How odd. I get in and out of my car in my driveway a couple times a day and had never seen it before. I just said thank you, cracked a smile and picked it up.

A few months later I decided on my morning walk to ask for a feather. I had been reading this interesting little book called Sacred Feathers. I did my 45 minute walk through the park and down several streets and again downtown. Saw all varieties of birds including crows but no feathers to be found. You would think I would find one darn feather!! So I got back to the office still the only car in the parking lot got my work clothes out of my car and went into the office to change. I did a couple of things and decided to take my workout clothes back out to my car. As I walked out and looked at my car, there directly in front of the car door was this big white fluffy feather! I stopped dead in my tracks in complete amazement. I looked around the parking lot, still the only car in the entire lot. I thought at first that maybe there would be a few feathers in the lot. But I would be wrong. There was only one feather and it was directly in front of my car door. How could I not just burst out laughing? I made sure I picked up this feather and to this day it sits on my computer at work.  I do find it odd though that both items I asked for appeared after letting the thought go and both times these two requests ended up in front of my car door. I just can't make this stuff up. And I just can't explain it either. But I don't think I am supposed to. So I always smile when I see a big white fluffy feather. This weeks sky feather was the biggest I have ever seen. I can't top that.

1 comment:

NolaRose said...

I LOVE THIS story!!! Can't wait to see you in a few weeks!!!