Monday, June 21, 2010

Tarot Class

I have been asked in my Tarot Class to come up with 5 online images that I feel encapsulate the series of tarot cards that I am currently studying. Unfortunately (or fortunately however you choose to look at it) I do not have unlimited access to Internet. The good part about this is not being distracted into a mind boggling oblivion of fantastic sites I discover every time I go out searching for my homework. And the bad is, well look at all the amazing sites I miss out on by not mindlessly searching for whatever suits my interpretation of the cards. So I had to come up with a solution to this dilemma and my solution was to invent or create my own tarot cards for my homework assignments. I have taken my obsession with digital scrapbooking and turned it into amateur tarot card designing. And please forgive me because it is amateur!! I love love love to digital scrapbook because first of all I can’t draw a stick figure, second there is never anything worth watching on TV and third it keeps me out of the bars (really though I don’t have piles and piles of scrap accessories from one end of my house to the other. When I am done with digital I just put the laptop to bed. Got to love that!!

So here it goes with my first series of 19 cards. ( I gipped you on a Sword card. I sort of lost my mojo and yet I loved designing this card best.) I can only hope I get better at this as I become more familiar with the cards meanings, more familiar with my truckloads of digital files and find some semblance of an imagination. I may look back at these cards and laugh. Only time and more discovery unleashed will tell the tale. Anyhow that is my story and I am sticking to it.

No comments: